SRRC is recruiting for student leaders for the 2022-2023 academic year.
We are seeking self-motivated, accountable, professional leaders!
Working at a student-initiated, student-led center is a rare and unique opportunity only available at few universities nationwide.
Working for the SRRC is both amazing and empowering, allowing you to:
- Give back to underrepresented student community on the UC Davis campus and regionally.
- Gain awareness of socio-political, cultural and social justice concerns affecting underrepresented communities.
- Gain valuable leadership and organizational skills through the development of self-initiated projects, proposals, and budgets.
- Coordinate programming that effectively recruits and/or retains underrepresented students.
- Work individually with students to holistically address their needs.
- Gain a better understanding of educational equity through the SRRC’s holistic support model to recruiting and retaining students.
Learn about the student leaders already working at the SRRC!
Visit our Programs page!
Student Leadership Opportunities
Essential Job Details
- $15.50 hourly rate
- 12-15 hours per week; flexible schedule; remote work available during the pandemic
- New staff orientation - TBD
- Must participate in Spring Quarter training course & summer training
- Participate in Monthly In-Services, weekly staff meetings (during the academic year)
- Supported & advised by SRRC career staff & Student Directors
- Previous experience working or volunteering with the SRRC preferred
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, issues specific to communities represented by the SRRC
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Dependable and motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Background check and TB test is required due to possibility of working with minors
- Transportation may be necessary for recruitment coordinator roles. A valid driver's license is highly recommended.
- Work authorization for the United States
Application Process Checklist
Please review the following checklist before submitting your application.
- Review the job descriptions by program and other job qualifications.
- NOTE: Job descriptions and qualifications are subject to change.
- Update your resume to display relevant work experience.
- Contact people in your network who can serve as professional references for you.
- Download a copy of your unofficial transcript to upload with your application.
- In addition to the above, you will have to submit the following with your application
- Leadership profile sharing your upcoming leadership positions across campus for 2022-2023
- Supplemental questions (noted on the application)
Applications are open until filled!
- SRRC Community Programs New Staff Application
- SRRC Community Programs Returning Staff Application
- SRRC Campus Visits Application
- SRRC GAAAP Application
- All Community Program positions are open: ACE, AIRR, BRIDGE, COLLECTIVE, GAAAP, SAFE, SOL y LUNA
- Campus Visits Coordinators
- Recruitment Fellow
- Retention Fellow
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
SRRC Hiring Process
We know how confusing the job search process can be. At the SRRC, we value Knowledge and Support, and we want to make sure that we provide you with as much information as possible about our hiring process. Please read everything below to have a good understanding of what our hiring process looks like.
- The entire process can take as little as 3 weeks
- This really depends on when you submit your application
- It may take longer depending on internal schedules, too
- Communication is an important skill in our work, and in the positions we offer
- We will do our best to keep you updated throughout the process
- We also encourage you to reach out to us!
Read below for an outline on our general process:
- Submit an application for one of our open positions
- A committee will review your application, looking for signs that you have the experience needed for the position, and that you’ve done a little homework about the SRRC.
- We will typically get back to you within 2 weeks after the application has closed.
- If you are offered an interview, we will ask you to sign up for an interview slot.
- Interviews usually last 30-45 minutes, during which a group of people (the hiring committee) will ask questions to gauge your experiences and skills for the role.
- The interview questions will be provided to you before the interview, along with the job description for the position(s) you are applying for
- For Recruitment/Outreach positions, we will ask you to prepare a short presentation for the committee.
- You will also have the chance to ask us any clarifying questions, about the role, the SRRC, or even what it’s like to work here (what are typical hours like? What do you like about working here?)
- We have had applicants decide that the SRRC isn’t for them after interviews, and that’s okay! Just let us know. It’s important for individuals AND organizations to find people who truly want to do this work.
- After the interview process, we will typically get back to you within 2 weeks. Sometimes, it may take longer.
- If we make you an offer, we ask that you respond to us within 3 business days.
- If you would like to discuss the position or offer with someone, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have not been offered a position, and would like feedback on your interview, please contact either the hiring chair of the position or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Job descriptions and qualifications are subject to change.
For more information, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.