The American Indian Recruitment and Retention (AIRR) program of the Student Recruitment and Retention Center (SRRC) addresses the unique needs of the American Indian, Indigenous, and First Nations identifying student population at UC Davis.
Through student-led recruitment and retention efforts, we seek to create a space where current and future students can access resources and support services. These will enable them to thrive academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually without compromising their identity as Native and/or Indigenous people. We aim to integrate cultural knowledge into the college experience as we as promote academic success, and ultimately, graduation.
- Recruitment Efforts: Rancheria and Reservation Outreach Trips, Community Centers Outreach, Tutoring, and Annual Native Youth Conference.
- Retention Efforts: Native Welcome Orientation, Day of Indigenous Resistance, Native Leadership Retreat, Native Film Festival, Workshops and more!
American Indian Community Resources
AIRR is also proud to be closely knit with the larger Native community at UC Davis. Please feel free to check out the following resources:
- Native American Academic Student Success Center (Native Nest)
- Native American Resource Guide - A guide to the Native American Undergraduate Experience
- American Indian community resources
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES)
- Native American Student Union (NASU)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in the Sciences (SACNAS)