The Recruitment and Retention Organizing Committee (RROC) is the governing board of the Student Recruitment and Retention Center and exists to ensure that the goals of the SRRC are satisfied. The board consists of 10 voting members who are mostly undergraduate students.
The RROC holds that education is a vehicle for liberating individuals and creating change for communities. Guided by the principles of holistic learning, RROC will strive to create an atmosphere conducive for educational achievement encourage the development of critical consciousness at the primary, secondary, and university levels; and serve as a vehicle to empower all people.
- We will promote and support academic preparation, leadership development and cultural enrichment activities for non-college tracked youth and community college students (k-12 & community college).
- We will provide student-led, holistic retention support services to historically underrepresented, low-income or educationally disadvantaged enrolled students (undergraduate & graduate).
- Guiding, organizing, supporting, and representing student communities in order to model collective action and advocate for student needs.
- Amplifying student voice to improve support through the continuous collection of input via conversations, evaluations, assessments, and surveys.
- Diversifying efforts to increase the presence of the SRRC on campus and with schools/community partners.
- Fostering personal connections between graduate and undergraduate students that engage beyond academic interests.
The Recruitment & Retention Organizing Committee is committed to promoting transparency between our governing board and the communities we represent.