We are currently searching for (1) Graphics Designer and (1) Marketing Coordinator to start by mid-May.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation and update of the SRRC’s publications and promotional materials. The coordinator serves as the main contact for all SRRC graphics and design requests. Responsible for the production of promotional materials that incorporate cohesive branding strategies, design concepts, and design principles to promote all the unique programs, services and events hosted by SRRC. Design sensible and appropriate materials with imagery that reflect the mission of the SRRC. Must be able to understand and promote the mission of the SRRC
The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining the SRRC’s website and social media accounts, and will also be able to create and update the SRRC’s publications and promotional materials. The coordinator serves as the main contact for all SRRC marketing and social media. Responsible for design and production of promotional materials that incorporate design concepts, appropriate graphics, typestyles, format and colors to promote all the unique programs, services and events hosted by SRRC. Design materials that reflect the mission of the SRRC by utilizing appropriate marketing strategies. Must be able to understand and promote the mission of the SRRC
- Design eye-catching graphics for SRRC programming and events
- Create engaging content (social media posts, etc.) to best promote SRRC programming
- Design marketing collateral material (newsletters, visual aids, web content, giveaways, etc…)
- Create and maintain cohesive SRRC visual identity and brand personality
- Maintain the SRRC website and social media platforms, and engagement across platforms
- Manage, review and fulfill graphic/promotion design requests
- Work closely with career staff, other student coordinators, and volunteers
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines for simultaneous projects.
- Do anything else that plays to your strengths!
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, whichever version is most readily available to you. For occasional projects, will need to know how to work with older versions of CC such as CS6
- Copywriting knowledge and experience a plus
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS a plus
- Knowledge of Mac platform a plus
- Knowledge of marketing strategies a plus
- Must be social media savvy (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook)
- Experience in designing posters, flyers, websites, or similar publications.
- Proficiency with typesetting and applying design principles
- Familiarity with print production processes
- Familiarity with various file formats for distribution and general file management
- Ability to conceptualize and select designs appropriate to the SRRC’s communities.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and produce work quickly (at times you will have a week or more to produce work, while at others you will have one day.)
- Ability to elicit and understand others' ideas for publication purposes, and to complete work by following these ideas and goals.
- Possess initiative and willingness to develop and implement new design ideas.
- Friendly, outgoing, and passionate about taking the SRRC to the next level!